Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a form of alternative medicine. LLLT is a non-invasive, painless, no-trauma light-source treatment. It was developed in 1976 (has been formally accepted by North America, China, India, and many other parts of European countries. Now, low-level laser therapy is commonly called cold laser therapy, low-power laser therapy (LPLT), low-level laser light therapy, low-intensity laser therapy, or soft laser. Also, some people refer to it as therapeutic laser, biostimulation, or photobiomodulation.
What is low-level laser therapy?
Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) applies 650nm and 808nm low-level lasers that improve tissue repair (includes ligaments, nerves, cartilage, and muscle) to accelerate blood circulation, diminish inflammation quickly, and relieve pain. Nowadays, LLLT therapy is widely used by acupuncturists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, or patients treated at home.
How does low-level laser therapy work?
When we apply the LLT therapy directly over the injured area, the low-level wavelength laser has the ability to penetrate the skin layer, especially the 808nm laser, which has strong penetration and could act on the tissue 3–7cm under the skin. So we use the laser light energy to stimulate cells to function optimally when the light-sensitive chromophores and other elements within the cell absorb energy, initiating a series of important photochemical changes such as increased production of ATP and providing the cell with the extra energy needed to accelerate the healing process and positively influence pain.
What is the advantage of low-level laser therapy?
- Low level laser therapy is non-invasive, non-toxic, and has no known negative side effects
- Compared with ultrasounds, infrared light, microwave treatments, and medicine, the low-level laser treatment is more safe and effective.
- Easily applied, no need for technical training
- Highly effective, cure rate > 95%
- After the power is increased, the laser therapy is more effective.
What is the benefit of low-level laser therapy?
- Anti-inflammatory Action: low-level laser therapy reduces swelling, leading to decreased pain, less stiffness, and a faster return to normal joint and muscle function. ·
- Rapid Cell Growth: Low-level laser therapy accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Faster Wound Healing: Low-level laser therapy stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue. ·
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Low-level laser therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue, leading to complete healing with less chance of weakness and re-injury later.
- Increased Vascular Activity: Low-level laser therapy increases blood flow to the injured area. ·
- Stimulated Nerve Function: Low level laser therapy speeds nerve cell processes, which may decrease pain and numbness associated with nerve-related conditions.
How do I use the low-level laser therapy?
For the acute pain, swelling, and wound. Just use the low level laser to place it directly over the injured area for 15–25 minutes, once per day, and continuously use it for 7 days.
For chronic conditions such as RA, varicose vein, herniated disc, cervical spondylosis, ONFH, heel pain, periarthritis of the shoulder, constipation, patellar surface damage, foot collapse, cholecystitis, pelvic inflammation, pelvic accumulation of fluid, liver cyst, chronic hepatitis, chronic gastritis, stroke sequela, the leg blood supply insufficiency, lumbar disc, sciatica. We will supply the cold laser protocols for you, which combine laser therapy with acupuncture to help the patients live a better life sooner.
According to our clinical trials during these years, we noticed some patients get immediate results, while others require 6–12 treatments before a lasting effect. Less severe or acute injuries, swelling, and wounds will require fewer treatments than chronic or severe conditions, while the patient being treated by our cold laser protocols will get great results sooner. For example, our clients adopted our protocols to help a patient with herniated discs. After only two treatments, the Pt subsided pain from neck stiffness, and patients felt less pain.
What condition can be treated by low-level laser therapy?
Arthrosis condition treated with low-level laser therapy
- Scapulohumeral periarteritis
- Lumbar disc herniation
- Tennis elbow
- Cervical spondylosis
- Rheumatic rheumatic joint disease
- Femoral head necrosis
- Knee pain
- Heal pain
- Chronic joint bruising
Neurological condition treated with low-level laser therapy
- Peripheral polyneuritis
- Intercostal neuralgia
Inflammatory condition treated with LLLT
- Chronic pharyngitis
- Acute chronic strain, sprain, bruising inflammation
Vascular condition treated with lllt
- The lower extremities are acute and chronic ulcers
Endocrine System conditions treated with llltFor Man
A: prostatitis; B: prostatic hyperplasia; C: prostatic hypertrophy
D: chronic kidney failure
Appendix B: pelvic inflammation Fluid in the uterus
D: menopausal endocrine disorder E: female chronic kidney failure
- Eyes: Do not aim laser beams into the eyes and everyone present should wear appropriate safety spectacles
- Thyroid: Do not aim the laser beam into your thyroid; LLLT can compromise thyroid function.
- Pregnant: Do not treat the developing fetus directly.
- Epileptics: Pay attention to the fact that low-frequency pulsed visible light (<30 Hz) might trigger a seizure in photosensitive epileptic patients.
- Cancer and hemorrhagic disease: patients who have cancer and hemorrhagic diseases are prohibited from using the cold laser therapy device.
What is the cost of low-level laser therapy?
The average low level laser therapy session costs between $30 and $200. The price of our cold laser machine is $329 and $980, so the return on investment (ROI) on purchasing a cold laser can be as little as 4 visitors
|Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
|Low Back Pain/HNP
|Knee Pain/ OA
The use of low-level laser therapy is growing in traditional medical practice and as complementary or alternative therapy. Low-level laser therapy is considered a safe and effective therapeutic method by doctors and qualified practitioners. What's more, the experts did the clinical research to verify the result of low-level laser therapy
660mW handy laser device