Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a form of alternative medicine, LLLT is a non-invasive, painless, no trauma light source treatment. It was developed in 1976 (has been formally accepted by North America, China, India and many other parts of European countries), now low level laser therapy is commonly be called as Cold laser therapy, low-power laser therapy (LPLT), low level laser light therapy, low intensity laser therapy or soft laser. Also, some people referred to as therapeutic laser, biostimulation, or photobiomodulation.
What is Low-level laser therapy?
Low Level Laser Therapy(LLLT) apply 650nm and the 808nm low level laser that improve the tissue repair (includes ligament, nerves, cartilage, and muscle), to accelerate the blood circulation, diminish the inflammation quickly, relieve the pain. Nowadays, LLLT therapy is widely used by acupuncturist, physiotherapist, chiropractor, or patients treat at home.
How does low level laser therapy work?
When we apply the lllt therapy directly over the injured area, the low level wavelength laser has the ability to penetrate the skin layer, especially the 808nm laser has strong penetration, which could act on the tissue 3-7cm under the skin, so we use the laser light energy to stimulate cells to function optimally, when the light-sensitive chromophores and other elements within the cell absorb energy, initiating a series of important photochemical changes such as increased production of ATP, providing the cell with the extra energy needed to accelerate the healing process and positively influence pain.
What is the advantage of low level laser therapy?
- Low level laser therapy is non-invasive, non-toxic, no known negative side effects
- Compare with the ultrasounds, infrared light, microwave treatment, medicine, the low level laser treatment is more safe and effective.
- Easily applied, no need the technical training
- Highly effective, cure rate > 95%
- After the power is increased, the laser therapeutic is more effective.
What is the benefit of low level laser therapy?
- Anti-inflammatory Action: low level laser therapy reduces swelling, leading to decreased pain, less stiffness, and a faster return to normal joint and muscle function. ·
- Rapid Cell Growth: Low level laser therapy accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Faster Wound Healing: Low level laser therapy stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue. ·
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Low level laser therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue, leading to complete healing, with less chance of weakness and re-injury later.
- Increased Vascular Activity: Low level laser therapy increases blood flow to the injured area. ·
- Stimulated Nerve Function: Low level laser therapy speeds nerve cell processes which may decrease pain and numbness associated with nerve-related conditions.
How to use the low level laser therapy?
For the acute pain, swelling, wound. just use the low level laser to place directly over the injured area for 15-25 minutes, once per day, continuously use 7 days.
For the chronic condition, such as, RA, varicose vein, herniated disc, cervical spondylosis, ONFH, heel pain, periarthritis of shoulder, constipation, the patellar surface damage, foot collapse, cholecystitis, pelvic inflammation, pelvic accumulates fluid, liver cyst, chronic hepatitis, chronic gastritis, stroke sequela, the leg blood supply insufficiency, lumbar disc, sciatica. We will supply the cold laser protocols for you, which combine laser therapy with acupuncture to help the patients live the better life sooner.
According to our clinical trails during these years, we noticed some patients get immediate results, others require 6-12 treatments before sing a lasting effect. Less severe or acute injuries, swelling, wound will require fewer treatments than chronic or severe conditions, while the patient be treated by our cold laser protocols will get the great effective sooner, for example, our clients adopt our protocols to help a patient with herniated disc, only two treatments, the Pt subsided pain gidof from neck stiffness and patients felt less pain.
What condition can be treated by low level laser therapy?
Arthrosis condition treated with low level laser therapy
- Scapulohumeral periarteritis
- Lumbar disc herniation
- Tennis elbow
- Cervical spondylosis
- Rheumatic rheumatic joint disease
- Femoral head necrosis
- Knee pain
- Heal pain
- Chronic joint bruising
Neurological condition treated with low level laser therapy
- Peripheral polyneuritis
- Intercostal neuralgia
Inflammatory condition treated with lllt
- Chronic pharyngitis
- Acute chronic strain, sprain, bruising inflammation
Vascular condition treated with lllt
- The lower extremities are acute and chronic ulcers
Endocrine System conditions treated with llltFor Man
A: prostatitis B: prostatic hyperplasia C: prostatic hypertrophy
D: chronic kidney failure
A: appendix B: pelvic inflammation C: fluid in the uterus
D: menopausal endocrine disorder E: female chronic kidney failure
What is the contraindication of low-level laser therapy?
- Eyes: Do not aim laser beams into the eyes and everyone present should wear appropriate safety spectacles
- Thyroid: Do not aim the laser beam into your thyroid, LLLT can compromise thyroid function.
- Pregnant: Do not treat directly over the developing fetus.
- Epileptics: Pay attention that low frequency pulsed visible light (<30Hz) might trigger a seizure in photosensitive, epileptic patients.
- Cancer and hemorrhagic disease: the patient who has cancer and hemorrhagic diseases are prohibited to use the cold laser therapy device.
What is the cost of low-level laser therapy?
The average low level laser therapy session cost from $30 to $200. The price of our cold laser machine is $329 and $980, so the return on investment (ROI) on purchasing a cold laser can be as little as 4 visitors
|Carpal Tunnel Syndrome||15 min||5-7 visits|
|Cystitis||20 min||2 visits|
|Shoulder Pain||20-30 min||4-7 visits|
|Neck Pain/DJD||20 min||7 visits|
|Low Back Pain/HNP||22-30 min||8-10 visits|
|Sciatica/ Radiculopathy||24-30 min||5-7 visits|
|Hamstring Strain/Tear||15-18 min||8-10 visits|
|Knee Pain/ OA||10-15 min||5-7 visits|
|Heel Spur||10-15 min||3-5 visits|
|Plantar Fasciitis||15-20 min||5-7 visits|
|Bells Palsy||10-15 min||5-7 visits|
|TMJ Pain||10-15 min||3-7 visits|
|Ankle Sprain||10-15 min||5-7 visits|
|Tennis Elbow||10-15 min||5-7 visits|
The use of low level laser therapy is growing in traditional medical practice and as complementary or alternative therapy. Low Level Laser Therapy is considered the safe and effective therapeutic method by the doctors and qualified practitioner. What's more, the experts did the clinical research to verify the result of low level laser therapy
660mW handy laser device