The knee joint pain is difficult to endure when the gait is tottering and up and down stairs. After sitting for a long time, the joint is painful, stiff, swollen and stagnant. As people age, and many people take the physical inconveniences for granted. In fact, it's all about degenerative diseases.
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and affects nearly 19 million adults. Arthritis is more common in adults age 65 and over but occurs in all age groups. Nearly two out of three of the people with arthritis are younger than 65. Women have an incidence of 24.4% and men 18.1% in all age groups. It affects all races and ethnic groups.
What Diseases and Hazards can Be Caused by Degeneration of Knee Joint?
- Bone hyperplasia: Articular cartilage wear, joint waste can't come out of the joint surface calcification leads to hyperosteogeny: walking pain, joint stiffness,
- Synovitis: Joint cartilage wear, cause joint aseptic inflammation, chronic inflammation leads to synovial dysfunction, the symptoms joint swelling, water, joint inflexibility, squatting, unable to stand.
- Meniscus injury: There is an insufficient nutrient in the joint degeneration, and the meniscus is inelastic and can be damaged easily.
- Symptoms: pain, O - leg, X - leg severe disability.
Laser Therapy for Arthritis —— No medicine, no injections, no surgery.
Laser therapeutic can be an effective adjunctive therapy in the management of arthritis as demonstrated by the following studies:
- Physiotherapy Program, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Canada said that Osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affect a large proportion of the population. LLLT reduced pain by 70% relative to placebo and reduced morning stiffness by 27.5 min (95% CI -52.0 to -2.9), and increased tip to palm flexibility by 1.3 cm (95% CI -1.7 to -0.8).
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Medical Applications of Laser, said that Laser therapy is associated with significant improvement in MDA and ATP greater than reflexology. In addition, it is associated with significant improvement in ankle dorsiflexion, ankle plantar-flexion, wrist flexion, wrist extension, and radial deviation greater than reflexology in elderly patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Departamento de Biofísica e Biometria, Brazil said the results suggest that apoptosis in PMN cells comprise part of LLLT anti-inflammatory mechanisms by disbalance promotion between the expression of pro-apoptotic (Bax and p53) and anti-apoptotic (Bcl-2) proteins, with pro-apoptotic gene expression selectively in PMN cells.
What is Laser Therapy?
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) uses laser light energy to stimulate cells to function optimally. In the body, light-sensitive chromophores and other elements within the cell absorb energy, initiating a series of important photochemical changes such as increased production of ATP. The mitochondria and Kreb’s Cycle stimulation initiates the production of ATP, providing the cell with the extra energy needed to accelerate the healing process and positively influence pain. These activities can occur in all types of cells and include ligament, nerves, cartilage, and muscle.
The Advantages of Low-Intensity Laser Therapy
- Easily applied
- Highly effective
- Cure rate > 95%
- No known negative side effects
Therapeutic Benefits of Laser Therapy:
- Anti-inflammatory Action: Laser light reduces swelling, leading to decreased pain, less stiffness, and a faster return to normal joint and muscle function.
- Rapid Cell Growth: Laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser light reduces the formation of scar tissue, leading to complete healing, with less chance of weakness and re-injury later.
- Increased Vascular Activity: Laser light increases blood flow to the injured area.
- Stimulated Nerve Function: Laser light speeds nerve cell processes which may decrease pain and numbness associated with nerve-related conditions.
How Many Should Laser Treatment Be Need For the Arthritis?
We help to the patient to treat arthritis with laser therapy and acupuncture, to help the patient recover sooner, the patient can treat arthritis at home, it is more convenient to visit the doctors and save much money.
For the treatment result, while some patients get immediate results, others require 6-12 treatments before seeing a lasting effect.
The Advantage of Laser Therapy + Acupuncture
- Articular cartilage belongs to the non-vascular tissue, and the general component cannot enter the lesion. Laser combined with acupoint treatment of traditional Chinese medicine enables the laser energy to enter the subcutaneous tissue and promote the regeneration of damaged cartilage tissue cells.
- Pain, swelling, stiffness and water accumulation were caused by aseptic inflammation. Laser combined with acupuncture point treatment, rapid analgesic inflammation, adjustment of joint metabolism.
- Degeneration of degenerative disease is caused by degeneration and wear of cartilage. Laser combined with acupuncture point treatment can penetrate into bone, repair damaged cartilage, promote blood circulation and reduce pain.
Arthritis has become a worldwide common, and frequently-occurring disease, patients with great physical pain, it brought the family with the heavy economic burden, caused great pressure to the society. In recent years, we have helped thousands of patients to alleviate the pain of arthritis, and completely overturned the western medicine view that degenerative diseases can only be solved by surgery. Security, directness, economy, and no side effects are universally admired by people all over the world.
Want order the Low-level laser therapy Machine? We have two types of laser for your choice as below: