What is laser acupuncture?
Laser acupuncture is using of laser light as an alternative to needles to stimulate acupuncture points, through effective optical or thermal stimulation of the acupuncture points, to dredge the meridians, promote blood circulation, and improve metabolism, In order to achieve the purpose of treating diseases.
What is the feature of laser acupuncture?
- Laser Acupuncture utilizes exactly the same principles and effects Traditional Acupuncture, what’s more, laser acupuncture don't like the needles will appear curved needle, hysteretic needle, seasickness needle, broken needle, stabbed important viscera, stabbed forbidden area.
- Laser Acupuncture is a gentle, painless, non-invasive, aseptic and effective alternative to traditional acupuncture, the patient will not happen swelling and pain, it is suitable for the elderly, children, weak, and the patient occurs fainting during acupuncture treatment.
- Easy to operate, the patient can use it at home.
- Widely used for the acute and chronic disorder, the contraindications are rare. For example, Laser acupuncture can directly irradiate CV8 acupoint to treat infantile diarrhea and other diseases, while needle acupuncture cannot; Laser acupuncture can irradiate the acupoints in the blood vessels,the therapeutic effect can be achieved by activating various factors in the blood vessels, while acupuncture can be treated except bloodletting therapy and moxibustion therapy, but needle can't treat.
Acupuncture and Laser Therapy may be used independently or in conjunction with each other. Acupuncture works on three levels - physical, mental and emotional - either in isolation or in combination. Laser Therapy, on the other hand, provides a valuable tool to accelerate the healing of many tissue and structural problems. Together they provide a very effective treatment modality covering the entire structure of the body.
How to use laser acupuncture
The most important part is selecting the right acupoints to treat and the correct type of laser therapy device. Any point on the body can be treated with laser except for those near the eyes. Even if the patient with the skin problem, wound, or an injury, you can use the laser to irradiate the area.
Depending on the power and type of laser therapy device you using, for example, the 650nm low level laser can produce chemical effects, not thermal effects, so it has a good effect on acute pain and inflammation, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease. 808nm low level laser is the infrared laser, it has the better result for the chronic disorder, accelerate the soft tissue repair.
Regarding the laser acupuncture protocols, dosage, treatment time, it is the complex problem, because different laser device, the treatment time and dosage is different, generally speaking, the lower power laser irradiation is reinforcing, the higher power laser irradiation is reducing; the shorter time laser irradiation is reinforcing, the longer time laser irradiation is reducing. If your cold laser therapy device supplier offers you the laser acupuncture protocols, that will be very convenient for you, while, as I know 80% of the laser therapy instrument supplier don’t supply the protocols. But Domer Laser supply dozens of laser acupuncture protocols for the clients, which was tested by thousands of patients.
What is the contraindication of laser acupuncture
Eyes: Do not aim laser beams into the eyes and everyone present should wear appropriate safety spectacles.
Thyroid: Do not aim the laser beam into your thyroid, LLLT can compromise thyroid function.
Pregnant: Do not treat directly over the developing fetus.
Epileptics: Pay attention that low frequency pulsed visible light (<30Hz) might trigger a seizure in photosensitive, epileptic patients.
Cancer and hemorrhagic disease: the patient who has cancer and hemorrhagic diseases are prohibited to use the cold laser therapy device.
What is the common acupoint was treated by laser in twelve meridians and collaterals?
1) Lung channel of hand taiyin
The best treatment time is at 9-11am, the common laser irradiation acupoint are central mansion point, Lu 5 point, L 7 point, ST 28, ST 34.
2) Large intestine channel of hand yangming
The best treatment time is 7-10am, the common laser irradiation acupoint are hegu point, LI 11, LI15, LI18, LI 20.S9, S18, st 21, S25, Zusanli point, S 40, ST45.
3) Spleen channel of foot taiyin
The best treatment time is 9-11am, the commonly laser irradiation acupoint are Sp 3, sp6, Yinlingquan point, sp 10.
4) Heart channel of hand shaoyin
The best treatment time is 11-13am, the common laser irradiation acupoint are point HT 1, H 7.
5) Stomach channgel of foot yangming
The best treatment time is 7-9am, the common laser irradiation acupoint are S 1, ST2, ST 4, ST 6, xiaguan point.
6) Small intestine meridian
The best treatment time is 1-3pm, the common laser irradiation acupoint are SI3, SI9, tianzong acupoint, stiff neck point, SI 19.
7) Taiyang bladder meridian of foot
The best treatment time is 3-5pm, the commonly laser irradiation point are B 1,B 2, Feishu point, Xinshu point, Geshu point, Liver shenshu point, Bile Shenshu point, bl 27,bl 25, bl 26,bl 28,bl 36,chengshan point,bl 20,bl 21, bl 37, Chih yin,bl 23,bl 40.
8) Kidney channel of foot shaoyin
The best treatment time is 5-7pm, the common laser irradiation acupoint are yongquan point, K 3, k 6.
9) Pericardium channel of hand-jueyin
The best treatment time is 7-9pm, the common laser irradiation acupoint are P6, P8.
10) Triple energizer meridian
The best treatment time is 9-11pm, the common laser irradiation acupoint are Zhongzhu point, TE 6, point TE 17, SJ21, TE 23.
11) Shaoying gallbladder channel of foot
The best treatment time is 9-11pm, the common laser irradiation acupoint are gb 2, GB14, G 20, Well Points,GB 24, Yanglingquan point, G 39.
12) Foot que yin liver meridian
The best treatment time is 9-11pm, the common laser irradiation acupoint are Liv 2, Liv3, LR14.